Thursday, July 9, 2009

how will i look back on this?

Last night I was invited to have dinner with a missionary family here in Kyrgyzstan, along with Tim and Eva (a few of my teammates). This family was originally in another country, but was “asked to leave” as the wife so delicately put it. They were amazingly welcoming, and I instantly felt at home, as if they were truly family and not just brothers and sisters in Christ (maybe that’s how it should feel with all believers??). They moved here and opened up an English learning center in one of the villages. I was told that we were coming over so that we could help them come up with a curriculum for their center, but I think that I learned so much more from them than I could ever teach them. Throughout the whole night, I kept finding random, simple connections between this family and my life. I can’t say now if that was God giving me subtle signs or if those things were just coincidence, but I guess you can ask me in a few years and see what I think! We were able to share our testimonies (the story of how Christ became real to us), and they gave us advice or rather things to consider strongly in terms of what to do with our future, which I still need a lot of time to think and pray about. We sang, and we prayed. Then, we went home.

I can’t describe right now how I felt throughout that whole night. I wasn’t even originally supposed to go to this dinner, and then I almost decided not to go shortly before because I was tired and hot, but God knows what He’s doing. He knew that I would be challenged by this evening, so thank God that He knows what He’s doing because I certainly don’t!

Anyway, lots to think about and be thankful for :]

AND WE GOT TO EAT KOREAN FOOD MMM YUMMY!

van-kim

1 comment: