Thursday, July 23, 2009

short update

there are so many things i want to tell you guys, but i don't have time right now! btw if you have been emailing me and haven't gotten a response, i'm so sorry! i've been able to quickly read emails and send supersuper short emails, but i haven't had time to respond in depth with anyone so bear with me!

in short here are some highlights:
-one of my students invited me over to her house and i was able to talk to her about God and shared my testimony. it was so surprising because she asked me about it, and i was so off guard. it was very slow because everything had to be translated (she invited the translator over as well so we could understand each other) and i didn't get to say a lot of the things that i wanted to say, but it's okay because i know that God will work in His way.
-today was the last day of classes and we went to Ala Archa, a state park kind of place in the mountains. by far one of the most beautiful areas i've ever been to. i didn't want to leave!!!
-because today was the last day of classes, we had to say bye to all of our students, and that was really sad because my camera ran out of batteries and i wasnt able to take pictures with my students. i also couldn't take pictures yesterday (the last day of classes when we actually taught stuff) because i went home since i wasn't feeling well and so it was disappointing. but yeah i feel like we were so rushed in getting of the bus and getting to the other buses that i didnt get to say a proper goodbye to my students or to the other students that i was able to bond with. hopefully i'll see them on monday because we're having a picnic for any students who want to say a last goodbye to us.
-on that note, we have to wait for monday because our team is going on vacation tomorrow until sunday. we'll be going to the mountains again (a different area from today) and staying in a yurt! it's like a hut almost. and then we'll be going to issykul (again i dont know how to spell it. which is sad since ive say it a lot), which is the lake that everyone vacations.

ok sorry this was a poor update but yeah
lots of things on my mind and not enough time to think about it or process it :[
please pray for my student!! oh yeah she became Muslim because she married a Muslim guy but her sister is Christian and she was kind of orthodox before but not really (as is the story for most russians in kyrgyzstan)

ok i'll try to update when i come back from vacation-ish

miss you all!

van-kim

p.s. the two best students in my class are both Muslims and i think that's God's way of telling me something because they constantly come to us asking questions and therefore we get to spend a lot of time with them so yeah...thankful for that.
p.p.s. the day i was sick, i was actually supposed to go visit one of my students who was hospitalized for kidney issues, but i couldn't go. my other student informed me that he was fine and was very excited to see visitors! i'm sad i missed it. please pray for him. i believe he's Christian, but he got sick the day after he asked my teaching partner if we "had Jesus in our hearts" so i don't know too many other details

2 comments: